Situated on a sun-filled street, Woodpark ONE presents two distinctive homes built with superior craftsmanship, attention to detail and forward-thinking design features. Welcome to healthy living for you and your family to enjoy for years to come.
The tasteful selection of materials, separate roof profiles and separate addresses on Lawn Avenue and Ancaster Avenue give each home the distinct identity you deserve. Designed to Canadian Net Zero Ready standards, and certified by third party authorities, your new home is here 10 years ahead of current building requirements.
With growing awareness of the importance of a healthy indoor environment, occupant comfort and ecological imperatives, Woodpark ONE is respectful of the past while moving optimistically to the future. Energy efficiency and quality lifestyle are standards, not upgrades. Welcome home.
Situated one block west of the Carlingwood Shopping Centre, your new home is located within an established mature neighbourhood. Located midway between the Ottawa River and the Queensway, the area is well serviced by transportation links, including the future west extension of the Ottawa LRT system.
You are within a few minutes walk of groceries, coffee shops, LCBO, Beer Store, office supply, banking, school and church. If fitness is a priority, the pathway along the Ottawa River and the indoor fitness centre/pool at the YMCA-YWCA located inside the Carlingwood Shopping Centre are at your doorstep. For gardeners, the community is home to the Woodpark Common Ground Community Garden. It’s all so close, you may wish to go for a weekend drive to give your car some exercise! Speaking of your car, and household items, the new Canadian Tire store coming to Carlingwood Shopping Centre will serve you well.
The Woodpark Community Association is an invaluable asset of this former cottage community. www.woodpark.ca The web site notes, “from young families to seniors, roughly 2250 people call this west end neighbourhood home”, including some prominent Ottawa citizens. This location was chosen for its convenient access and abundant resources which will serve your needs well into the future.
The Altare Group was founded in 2013 to make a difference in the residential construction industry. Its founder has designed numerous projects in Ottawa as a professional architect, ranging from home renovations to mid-rise apartment buildings, from schools to office buildings since 1981. Given the choice of doing it right or not doing it, we have always chosen doing it right.
While completing renovation projects in the early years, the practice of on-going building research was established, and will continue for the life of the company. Training has been completed in Passive House, R-2000 and Canadian Homebuilders Association Net Zero/Net Zero Ready design and construction. The following graphic from the CHBA web site www.chba.ca provides a comparison of design and construction methods.
The Altare Group has committed to designing to the Net Zero Ready standard or better. The technology exists today to achieve this level of construction and will become the minimum residential construction standard in Ontario in 2030. Woodpark ONE is designed to be 10 years ahead of the current building code requirements. It’s not an upgrade for tomorrow; it’s our standard for today. To achieve this involves the expertise of consultants including civil, structural and mechanical engineers, energy advisor and building envelope consultants and architect. To build this requires the supervision of an experienced builder. Between our site foreman and the company founder, there is over 75 years of design and construction experience working for you. Each home is registered with the Ontario New Home Warranty Program.
• CHBA Net Zero Ready (NZR) certification. For more information: https://www.chba.ca/CHBA/BuyingNew/Net-Zero-Homes.aspx/
• Advanced framing – increases insulation, less thermal bridging
• Open web floor joists – fewer bulkheads
• Insulation levels above current Ontario Building Code – less outside noise
• Airtightness and sealing to ensure optimal system performance
• Impermeable membrane over footings (to prevent capillary action which could cause mould conditions)
• High efficiency ventilation, heating, cooling and hot water systems
• High efficiency energy recovery ventilator (ERV) – fully ducted to all bathrooms
• Triple glazed windows and high efficiency exterior doors – with customized glazing to suit solar orientation
• Shower drain heat recovery pipe
• LED lighting
• 220-volt electrical rough-in garage for electric car charger
• Solar panel ready (piping from mechanical to attic, reinforced roof, net metering hydro meter, equipment outlet)
• Radon ready piping
• Low flow plumbing fixtures & dual flush toilets
• Low VOC paints and finishes
• 9ft-high ceiling on main level
• Quality flooring to suit intended purpose – ceramic tile entry
• Smooth finish ceilings on Main and Upper floors
• Rough-in for telephone, data, security and cable
• White Decora® style plugs and switches
• Modern exterior colour package professionally designed to give each house a distinct identity
• Landscaped yard
• Rooftop solar panel system to achieve Net Zero (NZ) rating
• Humidification system
• Water line to fridge location
• Finished space at Lower Level
• Stacked washer/condensing dryer space at upper level
• Smart Home technology package
Information contained herein is provided without charge for the convenience of web site users, without express or implied warranties of any kind. Users of this web site accept full responsibility for any and all consequences resulting from the use or misuse of the contents. Altare Group Inc. is not responsible to you or other parties for consequential, direct, indirect special or other damages you may incur through the use of this web site or the information contained herein.
Altare is committed to the online privacy of users of this web site. Any personal information provided to us will be used for internal purposes only. Information such as name, address, telephone number and email address will not be sold, released, rented or distributed to outside entities.
‘Altare’ and the Altare logo are trademarks of Altare Group Inc. and are used under license. All rights reserved. Information contained on this web site, including text and graphics, is protected by applicable law. Permission to distribute, copy, or otherwise use the information contained herein requires written authorization from Altare Group Inc. Altare reserves the right to alter the contents of this web site without notice.